Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Week 2 Geeky Bobbin Arctic Vortex Tree Skirt Poncho

I pre-washed and starched (with Mary Ellen's Best Press) all the fabrics in preparation for the big cutting session. I already owned the Creative Grids Stripology Ruler and it was my first time using it. I really like the tools and techniques Geeky Bobbin recommended. I watched the video on cutting strips - followed it and had no issues. The pattern directions were great so cutting the substrips went fairly quickly - it was just a chore to track all the sizes. The 60 degree cuts were difficult - I'm so glad the pattern provided great pics of the completed angle cuts. I also own the Creative Grids Angle Finder ruler which was awesome. I then used the Template for fussy cutting to trim the corners. All in all it was the most extensive quilt cutting session for me to date. But I learned ALOT!



Prepared and ready fabrics are.

I'm geeking out with my Star Wars fabrics and excited to start sewing Vortexes.


No comments:

Post a Comment