Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Three Prairie Points (pun intended)

Even thought this jacket may be outdated now, it was fun to make.

1. I attended a school whose name included "Prairie"
2. I used to live in Mankato, MN (Little House on the Prairie)
3. I LOVE the effects of Prairie Points in quilting

There's nothing more satisfying as a row of perfectly folded prairie points.  They reflect symmetry and logic like bars and measures in music.   I have seen many sweatshirt patterns but I particularly like the order and repeating prairie points in this https://www.moonlightdesignquilts.com  jacket I completed.  I loved branching out to work on a different medium.  Even Coco  (she who must be obeyed) gives us her approval.














Keep the scissors sharp!
xox
mxm (meow)

1 comment:

  1. I have joined your blog.. woohoo.. I remember you from the prairie in Mankato.. Those were the good *l* days..

    ReplyDelete