Pages

Monday, July 23, 2018

Pink Sew Together Bag Plus Bonus Link to Tutorial

One of the accessories to my Pink Professional Tote Bag is this handy Sew Together Bag. 





Don'tcha just love the happy pinks?


The bag was intentionally designed for sewing accessories and everyone seems to think the bag has one purpose. But everyone was so surprised and excited when I explained I use it as a wristlet handbag to store my personal items when I attend sewing classes, meetings or any other outings. It actually fits perfectly in the bottom of the Professional Tote Bag. And I have carried it separately as just a wristlet. Multipurpose - coolie moolie!


I really like the bag handle which is constructed as an extension of the zipper.




The best part of this bag is that you can use up all your scraps from other projects to make a matching bag. Love it!!!

The bag is fairly easy to construct. My only concern was when you sew the border on the side and "lay down the pockets" during construction - just had never done that before - no probs once I figured it out. 

Things to note:

- I used Decor Bond to firm up the bag, I have seen it quilted and unquilted, but I like the firmness of    the Decor Bond - you just have to remember to iron, iron, and iron it to get a good set.
- I used 3 different fabrics on the inside pockets which gives it great personality.
- The inside pockets are a tight fit for credit cards/IDs but mine do fit.

BUT AS PROMISED, I found a link to a great tutorial for this bag Sew Together Bag Tutorial.  It is broken down into 5 days as the owner of a quilt store and pattern store and zipper store all coordinated to provide a class. I always print out my tutorials and spiral bind them for ease during construction.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! I also found a pattern for a Mini Sew Together Bag where the pattern maker coordinated with the original Sew Together pattern maker to sell a worksheet where you can calculate a smaller bag. Here's where you can purchase the worksheet for the mini sew together bag: mini sew together bag worksheet  And here's the tutorial from OPQuilt:  mini sew together bag tutorial

All in all, a cute little bag with lots of possibilities.

So scissors be sharp and fabrics be trim as you conquer the Sew Together Bag projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment