Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Knitted Poncho, Katniss Cowl Vest, and Cowl Bandana

I am dedicating this post to my daughter-in-law, Sarah. 

Knitters gonna knit, and knit Sarah does well.




I LOVE LOVE LOVE ponchos, shawls and cowls. This shawl is soft, warm and so versatile. Love the pattern and button and neutral tone, it goes with everything even though I wore gray  to simplify the photo session - shout out to the always fabulous Dr. T :-)




















Here's the back, just as beautiful as the front.
Coolie moolie!














I can even wear it with the points off center for another look. You could even unbutton it  and wear as a simple shawl, but what's the fun in that?

I picked up the pattern at my local knitting store, but you can always order from someone on the web - Blue Sky Alpacas Techno Sasha Wrap





Here's the adorable cowl that Sarah whipped up - pls ignore the uggo selfie :-(



Love it ! Perfect with sweaters, coats or jackets.

Want one of your own? Here's the free pattern -  Bandana Cowl

This is my very FAV - my Katniss vest. I LOVE hunger games. When I first laid eyes on this unique knitted wonder in the movie I knew I had to have it. Sarah was so willing to try something new and did an AWESOME job! I love sashaying around the mall and watching people's reactions. Several recognize it and mention the Hunger Games. My response - the Katniss salute of course!


The back is just as unique.  I do wear it without the leather jacket and it's just as cute!

I saw several knitted versions for sale on etsy. Sarah was happy to knit one -  I found the pattern on etsy, and the rest is history! Here's the pattern on Ravelry - Katniss Cowl Vest



Of course, no photo op is complete without including Diva Coco. As usual, we couldn't get her out of the way to take the pics, but she didn't enjoy being held for an actual planned photo. "She who must be obeyed" was finally freed to monitor her kingdom on her own terms.




Sarah's working on some new items, and yes, they aren't gray! I can't wait to see them! Hope these great ideas transform you from potential knit-wits to knitologists! FYI - Sarah is leading the way!

xox
mxm

No comments:

Post a Comment