Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Digitized Folk Art Wristlet with Guitar Strap

When you digitize your own designs the possibilities are endless - take a look see at my new handy wristlet - functional yet colorful.  I started with this initial graphic (antique patterns) which is a great public library with oodles of patterns.





I used fabric from my stash and purchased the swivel hook hardware with my handy dandy Joann's coupons, so it was very inexpensive.




I used multiple hoopings (2) for the strap, and the canvas was a bit challenging as it becomes thick at the seams, but I just love the final product. It's functional - large enough to hold my phone, cards, etc., right-sized- not too big, and very fashionista - embroidery is in right now - ooh la la!
 

The zipper is in a cool funky place and and lining is a vivid blue moire that matches the blue
embroidery thread and zipper. 

I

This was digitized using my Janome Digitizer V5 and sewn on my Janome 15000 (Calypso).
Fabric exterior was black canvas duck cloth. I used 40 wt. rayon embroidery threads,
black cutaway stabilizer, a blue Janome needle for embroidery, and a denim needle for the assembly. To ease in the assembly I created a clear 7.5" template and traced it onto the front of the embroidered piece for visual placement. I then basted on the circle and used the backside as a sewing template. I pondered using my circle attachment, but decided to manually align the circle to the design as I like to eyeball the design placement prior to sewing.

Now that I have a short guitar strap, there's nothing stopping me from creating cross body guitar straps, and I think I will just do that - coolie moolie!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment